During this 1:1 online course, you will learn the principles of Pilates Matwork as well as how to programme and instruct a series of Pilates Matwork sessions in a one-to-one or group setting. The course runs according to the StretchBodyMind principles of FOUNDATION, EXPRESSION & VISION.
· Lifestyle Management & Health Awareness;
· Anatomy & Physiology for exercise and health;
· History and Principles of Pilates.
· Health & Safety in a fitness environment;
· Teaching Special Populations;
· Creating a series of Pilates Matwork classes.
· Client interviews including postural assessment;
· Teaching, adapting and progressing Pilates Matwork exercises;
· Business skills
This Level 3 diploma is certified by YMCA and is recognised by CIMSPA (the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity).
The course is taught through a mixture of:
Because we're working on an online basis the sessions are shorter but much more intensive than in an in-person setting. It will be expected that you complete work outside of those contact hours and you will receive unlimited email support during the course to help you do this.
I will work with you to ensure that this course is completed in as little as 3 months and you will be assessed in month four. However, working online gives us flexibility so this assessment will only take place when you feel ready.